(Due to the hundreds of new articles published each day
it is impossible to keep this page current. This page will
be updated only periodically...)
Please do not copy, post or redistribute these articles due to copyright issues. Please report any broken links to us via the Contacts page. Thank you.
- A dynamic prognostic model to predict survival in primary myelofibrosis: a study by the IWG-MRT. Dec 2009.
- A Gain-of-Function Mutation of JAK2 in Myeloproliferative Disorders, 2005.
- A Large Proportion of Patients With a Diagnosis of Essential Thrombocythemia Do
Not Have a Clonal Disorder and May Be at Lower Risk of Thrombotic Complications. 1999.
- A latent form of essential thrombocythemia presenting as portal cavernoma. Nov 2009.
- A longitudinal study of the JAK2(V617F) mutation in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia:
analysis at two time points. 2006.
- A Multidisciplinary Investigation of a Polycythemia Vera Cancer Cluster of Unknown Origin. 2010.
- A new JAK2 gene mutation in patients with polycythemia vera and splanchnic vein thrombosis. 2007.
- A Simple, Rapid, and Sensitive Method for the Detection of the JAK2 V617F Mutation. 2007.
- A Study of Histamine in Myeloproliferative Disease. 1965
- A Unique Activating Mutation in JAK2 (V617F) is at the Origin of
Polycythemia Vera and Allows a New Classification of Myeloproliferative Diseases. Full text
- A White Hand and a Red Hand —Erythromelalgia. Full text with photos. Oct 2010.
- Aberrant expression of microRNA in polycythemia vera
- Abnormalities affecting tyrosine kinase signalling in atypical myeloproliferative disorders. University thesis. 2009
- About Primary Myelofibrosis (PMF): A video of Dr Ruben Mesa of the Mayo Clinic.
- Absence of SKP2 expression attenuates BCR-ABL?induced myeloproliferative disease. 2008.
- Absence of the JAK2 V617F mutation in patients with arterial thrombosis without overt myeloproliferative disease. 2008.
- Absence of the V617F JAK2 Mutation in the Lymphoid Compartment in a Patient with
Essential Thrombo- cythemia and B-Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and in Two Relatives
with Lymphoproliferative Disorders.
- Acquired Melanonychia due to treatment of ET with hydroxyurea. Sep 17th 2009.
- Acquisition of the V617F mutation of JAK2 is a late genetic event in a subset of patients with
myeloproliferative disorders. 2006.
- Activating mutation in the tyrosine kinase JAK2 in polycythemia vera,
essential thrombocythemia, and myeloid metaplasia with myelofibrosis.
- Activation of JAK2-V617F by components of heterodimeric cytokine receptors. April 2010.
- Acute leukemia in polycythemia vera: an analysis of 1638 patients
enrolled in a prospective observational study
- Acute variceal bleeding in a patient with idiopathic myelofibrosis successfully treated with endoscopic variceal band
ligation and chemotherapy: a case report. Full text, 2010.
- Adaptor protein Lnk negatively regulates the mutant MPL, MPLW515L associated with
myeloproliferative disorders. 2007.
- Advances in the Therapy of Chronic Idiopathic Myelofibrosis. 2006.
- Advances in the treatment of hematological malignancies: current treatment approaches in multiple myeloma. Annals of Oncology, 2007.
- Advances in Understanding and Management of Myeloproliferative
Neoplasms. April 2009
- Adverse effects and benefits of two years of anagrelide treatment for thrombocythemia in chronic
myeloproliferative disorders. 2005.
- Agnogenic Myeloid Metaplasia With Myelofibrosis
- Allogeneic Blood and Marrow Transplant Guidebook: Stanford Hospital. (January 2005)
- Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in myelofibrosis: the
20-year experience of the Gruppo Italiano Trapianto di Midollo Osseo. 2008
- Allografting Older Patients?Myths and Realities
- American Academy of Pain Management
- An Inconvenient Truth. Jerry Spivak, Apr 2010.
- An MPD case history, slide show.
- An Open Letter to those without Invisible Disability or Chronic Illness
- Anagrelide drug information. AHFS Consumer Medication Information.
- Anagrelide drug sheet
- Anagrelide-associated cardiomyopathy in polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia. 2004.
- Analyzing the Complex Relationship between Diet & Cancer (AACR Frontiers in Cancer Prevention Research Conference)
- Another Lnk to STAT activation. Full text, August 2010.
- Antidepressants: Another weapon against chronic pain
- Antiplatelet drugs for polycythaemia vera and essential thrombocythemia. Full text, 2008.
- Assessing karyotype precision by microarray-based comparative genomic hybridization in the myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative syndromes. Full text, Nov 2010
- Assessing New Therapies and Their Overall Impact in Myelofibrosis. Full text, 2010.
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine levels in essential thrombocythemia - a retrospective analysis. Full text, Dec 2010.
- Atypical Myeloproliferative Disorders: Diagnosis and Management. 2006.
- Autoimmunity and the risk of myeloproliferative neoplasms. Full text article, Jan 2010.
- Bcr/abl-Negative, Classic Myeloproliferative Disorders: Diagnosis and Treatment. 2005.
- Biology and Treatment of Primary Myelofibrosis. 2007.
- Blood cell activation in myeloproliferative neoplasms. Full text, 2009.
- BMT infonet
- Bone and bone marrow: The same organ. Oct 2010.
- Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy : Labtests Online.
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration. Mayo Clinic, updated Nov 2009.
- Bone Marrow Disorders: Labtests online
- Bone Marrow Fibrosis and Diagnosis of ET. Oct 2009.
- Bone marrow pathology in ET: interobserver reliability and utility for identifying disease subtypes
- Bone marrow trephine biopsy. Full text.
- Bone Marrow, Thymus and Blood: Changes across the lifespan. Full text, Jan 2010.
- British Bone Marrow Registry.
- Busulfan drug sheet
- Can Electronic Clinical Documentation Help Prevent Diagnostic Errors? March 2010.
- Case of Bilateral Retinal Neovascularization Associated with Chronic Idiopathic Myelofibrosis. April 2010.
- CBMTG Guidance on Stem Cell Transplantation for Myeloproliferative Disorders. Full text. 2009.
- Changes that make a gene faulty
- Changes to the Genetic Code
- Changing the Culture of Clinical Trials: Reviving a Failing Effort. Full text, Sep 2010.
- Characteristics and clinical correlates of MPL 515W>L/K mutation in essential
- Characterization of 35 new cases with four different MPLW515 mutations
and essential thrombocytosis or primary myelofibrosis
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Is Helped by Varying Intensities and Types of Exercise
- Childhood idiopathic myelofibrosis: a case report and review of literature.
- Childhood polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia: does their pathogenesis overlap
with that of adult patients? 2008.
- Choosing between stem cell therapy and drugs in myelofibrosis. Full text. 2008.
- Chromosomol translocations in chronic myeloproliferative diseases
- Chronic Myeloproliferative Neoplasm 2008 Who Classification Proposal. From Morphology to Biology. A 31 page slide show.
- Chronic care in America: A 21st century Challenge.
- Chronic Fatigue in Primary Care
- Chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis: Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Chronic Illness Lecture: Psychological Aspects of MPDs. Given at St
Thomas's Hospital 2004.
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia: EMedicine.
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML): Cancer Research UK.
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia: Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Chronic myeloid leukemia 2010: where are we now and where can we go? Full text, Jan 2011.
- Chronic Myeloproliferative Disorders Treatment
- Chronic Myeloproliferative Disorders: Cleveland Clinic
- Chronic pain treatments work better together, for neuropathic pain. News, Oct 2009
- Class prediction models of thrombocytosis using genetic biomarkers. Fulltext, Jan 2010.
- Classification, Diagnosis and Management of Myeloproliferative Disorders in the JAK2V617F Era. 2006.
- Clinical profile of homozygous JAK2 617V>F mutation in patients with polycythemia vera or
essential thrombocythemia. 2007.
- Clinical relevance of JAK2 (V617F) mutant allele burden
- Clinical trials for MPDs
- Clinical trials with anti-angiogenic agents in hematological malignancies. Full text, June 2010.
- Clonal heterogeneity in polycythemia vera patients with JAK2 exon12 and JAK2-V617F mutations.
- CML—The Changing Landscape of Front-line Therapy: Part I: Interview With Dr. Jane Apperley. Nov 2010.
- CML—What to do About Imatinib Resistance; When to Consider Transplant: Part II: Interview With Dr. Jane Apperley. Nov 2010.
- Comfort I and Comfort II clinical trials web site.
- Comorbidities and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Outcomes. Full text, 2010.
- Comparison of different criteria for the diagnosis of primary myelofibrosis reveals limited clinical utility for measurement of serum lactate dehydrogenase. June 2010.
- Concordance of assays designed for the quantification of JAK2V617F:
a multicenter study. Nov 2008.
- Controversies in Multi-institutional Phase I Clinical Trials. Aug 2009. Full text.
- Coping Strategies in the Presence of One's Own Impending Death
- Cord Blood Transplants. August 2009. Full text.
- Correlation between leukocytosis and thrombosis in Philadelphia-
negative chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms
- Dasatinib Approved for Early Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Full text, Oct 2010.
- Dasatinib versus Imatinib in Newly Diagnosed Chronic-Phase Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Full text, June 2010.
- Deactylase inhibition in myeloproliferative neoplasms. Dec 2010.
- Deciding on Transplantation for Myelofibrosis: Setting the Record Straight. 2004.
- Decreased serum prohepcidin concentration in patients with polycythemia vera. Nov 2009.
- Deep sequencing reveals double mutations in cis of MPL exon 10 in myeloproliferative neoplasms. Abstract, Jan 2011.
- Depression in older cancer patients can be effectively treated with collaborative
- Depression in older cancer patients more effectively treated
- Dermatomyositis-like eruption induced by hydroxyurea: a case report. Full text, 2009.
- Detection of JAK2 exon 12 mutations in 15 patients with JAK2V617F
negative polycythemia vera. 2009.
- Determinants of platelet number and regulation of thrombopoiesis. Full text, 2009.
- Diagnosis from the Blood Smear
- Diagnosis of myeloproliferative neoplasms: Dr Claire Harrison. Full text, June 2010.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic management of eosinophilia-associated chronic myeloproliferative
- Diagnostic Assays for the JAK2 V617F Mutation in Chronic Myeloproliferative Disorders. 2006.
- Discontinuation of Imatinib in Patients With Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia Who Have Maintained Complete Molecular Remission for at Least 2 Years: The Prospective, Multicentre Stop Imatinib (STIM) Trial. Full text, Nov 2010.
- Disease anticipation in familial myeloproliferative neoplasms. 2008.
- Diseases Treated with Umbilical Cord Blood.
- Distinct Clinical Phenotypes Associated with JAK2V617F Reflect Differential STAT1 Signaling. Full text, Nov 2010.
- Does JAK2 1849G>T initiate polycythemia vera? 2006.
- Does primary myelofibrosis involve a defective stem cell niche? From concept to evidence. 2008.
- Dr Ruben Mesa video
- Dr Ruben Mesa video: Chronic Myeloid Leukemia-Mayo Clinic. May 2010.
- Dr Ruben Mesa video: Myelofibrosis Update -Mayo Clinic. May 2010.
- Dr Ruben Mesa: PV video, March 2010.
- Durable responses to imatinib in patients with PDGFRB fusion gene?positive and BCR-ABL?negative
chronic myeloproliferative disorders. 2007.
- Durable Responses to Thalidomide-Based Drug Therapy for Myelofibrosis With Myeloid Metaplasia. 2004.
- Effect of JAK2 V617F on thrombotic risk in patients with essential thrombocythemia: measuring the uncertain. Full. 2008.
- Efficacy and safety of long-term use of hydroxyurea in young patients with
essential thrombocythemia and a high risk of thrombosis.2003
- Efficacy and Safety of Low-Dose Aspirin in Polycythemia Vera
- Efficacy of TG101348, a Selective JAK2 Inhibitor, in Treatment of a
Murine Model of JAK2V617F-Induced Polycythemia Vera
- Ehow: Myelofibrosis
- Elevated procoagulant microparticles expressing endothelial and platelet
markers in essential thrombocythemia
- EMedicineHealth: Polycythemia
- Eosinophilic Heart Disease in Acute Myeloproliferative Disorder. 2007.
- Epigenetic Modifications: New Therapeutic Targets in Primary Myelofibrosis. Full text, June 2010.
- Erythromelalgia, photo and article, Jan 2010
- Erythromelalgia: Vasculopathy, Neuropathy, or Both? Full text, 2003.
- Erythropoietin and cancer, a double-edged sword
- Erythropoietin. MacMillan Cancer Support site.
- Essential thrombocythaemia (ET): Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Essential Thrombocythemia Beyond the First Decade: Life Expectancy, Long-term
Complication Rates, and Prognostic Factors. 2006. Full text.
- Essential thrombocythemia, thrombosis and enhanced platelet regeneration: Is once daily dose of aspirin enough? 2010.
- Essential Thrombocythemia-Mayo Clinic: Ruben Mesa video.
- Essential thrombocythemia. Free Access article.
- Etiology, Management, and Outcome of the Budd-Chiari Syndrome. Full text, Aug 2009.
- ETV6-ABL1-positive "chronic myeloid leukemia": clinical and molecular response to tyrosine kinase inhibition. Full text, Feb 2011.
- Evidence Based Depression care
- Evidence for MPL W515L/K mutations in hematopoietic stem cells in primitive myelofibrosis. 2007.
- Extent of hematopoietic involvement by TET2 mutations in JAK2V617F polycythemia vera. Full text, Jan 2011.
- Extramedullary hemopoiesis with undiagnosed, early myelofibrosis causing spastic compressive myelopathy: Case
report and review. Full text, Feb 2010.
- Familial Chronic Myeloproliferative Disorders: Clinical Phenotype and Evidence of Disease Anticipation. Full text, 2007.
- Familial polycythemia due to truncations of the erythropoietin receptor.
- Fat Tissue May Be a Source of Valuable Blood Stem Cells, Study Says. News, Feb 1st, 2010.
- Focus on myeloproliferative diseases and myelodysplastic syndromes
- Frequency of heterozygous TET2 deletions in myeloproliferative neoplasms. Full text, Sep 2010.
- Frequent CBL mutations associated with 11q acquired uniparental disomy in myeloproliferative neoplasms.
Full text, 2009.
- Frequent reduction or absence of detection of the JAK2-mutated clone in JAK2
V617F-positive patients within the first years of hydroxyurea therapy. 2008.
- From 1 to 2 mutated JAK2: the road from ET to PV. 2006.
- From Palliation to Epigenetic Therapy in Myelofibrosis. 2008.
- Future Therapies for the Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Full text, Nov 2010.
- GP Notebook
- Guideline for investigation and management of adults and children presenting with a thrombocytosis. Full text, June 2010.
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with polycythemia vera,
essential thrombocythemia and primary myelofibrosis.
Nordic MPD Group. March 2008.
- Help with medical expenses etc
- Hematologic Malignancies Program. Mayo Clinic.
- Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Adult Patients With Myelodysplastic Syndromes
and Myeloproliferative Disorders. Mayo Clinic.
- Hereditary thrombocytosis caused by MPLSer505Asn is associated with a high thrombotic risk, splenomegaly and progression
to bone marrow fibrosis. Full text, 2009.
- High Frequency of Endothelial Colony Forming Cells Marks a Non-Active Myeloproliferative Neoplasm with High Risk of Splanchnic Vein Thrombosis. Full text, Dec 2010.
- High molecular response rate of polycythemia vera patients treated with pegylated
interferon ?2a. Full text.
- High prevalence of restless legs syndrome among patients with polycytemia vera treated with venesection. Full text, June 2010.
- High-resolution single-nucleotide polymorphism array-profiling in myeloproliferative neoplasms identifies novel genomic aberrations. Full text, August 2010.
- Histone deacetylase: a potential therapeutic target for fibrotic disorders. Full text, Nov 2010.
- Histopathology Bone Marrow--Chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis video.
- Hitting the Target in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, ASH conference 2010.
- Host genetic variation contributes to phenotypic diversity in myeloproliferative disorders. 2008.
- How do JAK2-inhibitors work in myelofibrosis: An alternative hypothesis.
Full text, Sep 2009.
- How I treat essential thrombocythemia. Full text, Feb 2011.
- How I treat influenza in patients with hematologic malignancies. Full text, Feb 2010.
- How I treat patients with polycythemia vera. 2007.
- How I treat symptomatic splenomegaly in patients with myelofibrosis, 2009.
- How I treat symptomatic splenomegaly in patients with myelofibrosis:
Ruben A. Mesa, Mayo Clinic. May 2009
- How, When, & If to Tell Clinical Trial Participants the Results: Oncology Times, Mar 2010.
- HSP90 is a therapeutic target in JAK2-dependent myeloproliferative neoplasms in mice and humans. Full text, Sep 2010.
- Hydroxycarbamide (Hydrea, HU) drug sheet
- Hydroxyurea Compared with Anagrelide in High-Risk Essential Thrombocythemia
- Hydroxyurea does not appreciably reduce JAK2 V617F allele burden in patients with polycythemia vera or essential thrombocythemia. April 2010.
- Hydroxyurea dose impacts hematologic parameters in polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia but does not appreciably affect JAK2-V617F allele burden. March 2011.
- Hydroxyurea drug information. AHFS Consumer Medication Information.
- Hydroxyurea in essential thrombocytemia: rate and clinical relevance of responses by European LeukemiaNet criteria. Full text, May 2010.
- Hydroxyurea induced oscillations in twelve patients with polycythemia vera. March 2010.
- Hypercalcemia complicating leukemic transformation of agnogenic myeloid metaplasia-myelofibrosis. 1999.
- Hyperkalaemia associated with hydroxyurea in a patient with polycythaemia vera, Dec 2010.
- Hypothesis: How do JAK2-inhibitors work in myelofibrosis. Full text, April 2009.
- Identification during the follow-up of time-dependent prognostic factors for the competing risks of death and blast phase in primary myelofibrosis: a study of 172 patients. Full text, March 2010.
- Identification of patients with poorer survival in primary myelofibrosis
based on the burden of JAK2V617F mutated allele. August 2009.
- IDH1 and IDH2 mutations in myeloid neoplasms – Novel paradigms and clinical implications. Full text, Oct 2010.
- IDH1 and IDH2 mutations in myeloid neoplasms--novel paradigms and clinical implications. March 2011.
- IDH1 R132H mutation is a rare event in MPN as determined by a mutation specific antibody. Full text, June 2010.
- If I Had Polycythemia Rubra Vera: Video with Dr Josef Prchal. Dec 2008.
- Increased risk of lymphoid neoplasm in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasm: a study of 1,915 patients. Full text, Nov 2010.
- Increased risk of pregnancy complications in patients with essential thrombocythemia
carrying the JAK2 (617V>F) mutation
- Increased risks of polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, and myelofibrosis among 24 577 first-degree relatives of 11 039 patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms in Sweden. Sep 2008.
- Inflammation and thrombosis in essential thrombocythemia and polycythemia vera: different role of C-reactive protein and Pentraxin 3. Full text, Dec 2010.
- Influence of the JAK2 V617F mutation and inherited thrombophilia on
the thrombotic risk among patients with essential thrombocythemia. March 2009
- Inhibition of the Bcl-xL Deamidation Pathway in Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Interferon drug sheet
- Interferon-a therapy in bcr-abl-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms. Full text, 2008.
- Involvement of various hematopoietic-cell lineages by the JAK2V617F mutation in polycythemia vera. 2006.
- Is JAK2 V617F mutation more than a diagnostic index?: A meta-analysis
of clinical outcomes in essential thrombocythemia
- Isolated Erythrocythemia: A Distinct Entity or a Sub-type of Polycythemia Vera? 2008.
- JAK2 617V>F?positive polycythemia rubra vera maintained by approximately 18 stochastic stem-cell
divisions per year, explaining age of onset by a single rate-limiting mutation. 2007.
- JAK2 Exon 12 Mutations in Polycythemia Vera and Idiopathic Erythrocytosis
- JAK2 Exon 14 Deletion in Patients with Chronic Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Full text, August 2010.
- JAK2 germline genetic variation affects disease susceptibility in primary myelofibrosis
regardless of V617F mutational status: nullizygosity for the JAK2 46/1 haplotype is
associated with inferior survival. Abstract 2009.
- JAK2 impairs stem cell function? Full text, Sep 2010.
- JAK2 Inhibitors and Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Dec 2008. Full text.
- JAK2 Inhibitors for the treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasms. Tefferi. March 2010.
- JAK2 Inhibitors: Not the next Imatinib but researchers see other possibilities. 2009.
- JAK2 Mutations and Coronary Ischemia. Full text, July 2010.
- JAK2 Negative Polycythemia Vera. March 2011.
- JAK2 stimulates homologous recombination and genetic instability: potential
implication in the heterogeneity of myeloproliferative disorders
- JAK2 Test: Labtests Online
- JAK2 V617F and MPL W515L/K mutations in Korean patients with essential thrombocythemia. Full text, Feb 2011.
- JAK2 V617F Constitutive Activation Requires JH2 Residue F595: A Pseudokinase Domain Target for Specific Inhibitors. Full text, June 2010.
- JAK2 V617F mutation in myelodysplastic syndrome, myelodysplastic syndrome/myeloproliferative neoplasm, unclassifiable, refractory anemia with ring sideroblasts with thrombocytosis, and acute myeloid leukemia. Mch 2010.
- JAK2 V617F Mutation in Patients With Catastrophic Intra-abdominal Thromboses. 2007.
- JAK2 V617F mutational status predicts progression to large
splenomegaly and leukemic transformation in primary myelofibrosis
- JAK2-positive Philadelphia-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms. Full text, March 2011.
- JAK2: how many faces in MPDs? 2008.
- JAK2V617F mutation and spontaneous megakaryocytic or erythroid colony
formation in patients with essential thrombocythaemia (ET) or
polycythaemia vera (PV)
- JAK2V617F mutation for the early diagnosis of Ph? myeloproliferative neoplasms
in patients with venous thromboembolism: a meta-analysis
- JAK2V617F Mutation Screening as Part of the Hypercoagulable Work-up in the
Absence of Splanchnic Venous Thrombosis or Overt Myeloproliferative Neoplasm:
Assessment of Value in a Series of 664 Consecutive Patients
- JAK2V617F mutational status and allele burden have little influence on
clinical phenotype and prognosis in patients with post-polycythemia vera
and post-essential thrombocythemia myelofibrosis
- JAK2V617F-negative ET Patients do not display constitutively active JAK/STAT
- JAK2V617F: prevalence in a large Chinese hospital population
- JAKing up hematopoietic proliferation
- Janus Kinase 2: An Epigenetic ?Writer? that Activates Leukemogenic Genes. Full text, Jan 2010.
- Labtests Online UK
- Labtests Online US
- Lancet 2005: Definition of subtypes of ET and relation to PV based on
JAK2 V617F mutation status: a prospective study
- Leg ulcers associated with hydroxyurea therapy. Full text, 2003.
- Lenalidomide therapy in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia. 2006.
- Lessons Learned From the Development of Kinase Inhibitors. Sep 2009. Fulltext
- Lestaurtinib (CEP701) is a JAK2 inhibitor that suppresses JAK2/STAT5 signaling and the
proliferation of primary erythroid cells from patients with myeloproliferative disorders. 2008.
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Research: The Myeloproliferative Disorders booklet. 32 pages.
- Leukemic transformation of polycythemia vera. Full text. 2005
- Leukocytosis (raised WBC) : Basics of Clinical Assessment
- Leukocytosis and Risk Stratification Assessment in Essential Thrombocythemia. 2008.
- Leukocytosis is a risk factor for recurrent arterial thrombosis in young patients with polycythemia vera and essential
thrombocythemia. Full text, Feb 2010.
- Leukocytosis is a risk factor for thrombosis in essential thrombocythemia:
interaction with treatment, standard risk factors, and Jak2 mutation status
- Limited effects on JAK2 mutational status after pegylated interferon alpha-2b therapy in
polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia. 2006.
- LNK Mutations in JAK2 Mutation–Negative Erythrocytosis. Full text, Sep 2010.
- Local Trials site: Chronic MPDs.
- Long-term follow-up of essential thrombocythemia in young adults: treatment strategies, major thrombotic
complications and pregnancies outcome - a Study of 76 patients
- Long-term Outcome of 231 Patients With Essential Thrombocythemia. Full text, 2005.
- Long-term recovery after hematopoietic cell transplantation: predictors of quality-of-life concerns. March 2010.
- Low-Dose Thalidomide Ameliorates Cytopenias and Splenomegaly in Myelofibrosis With Myeloid
Metaplasia: A Phase II Trial.2004.
- Management of extreme thrombocytosis in otherwise low-risk essential thrombocythemia; does number
- Management of Polycythemia Vera and Essential Thrombocythemia. 2005.
- Managing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with The Pacing Approach
- Markers of Myeloproliferative Diseases in Childhood Polycythemia Vera and
- Marrow Fibrosis Does Not Account for Circulating CD34+ Cells in Myelofibrosis with Myeloid
- Marrow fibrosis in primary myelofibrosis. Atlas Image bank, 2009
- Mast cell burden and reticulin fibrosis in the myeloproliferative neoplasms: a
computer-assisted image analysis study.
- Mature Survival Data for 176 Patients Younger Than 60 Years With Primary Myelofibrosis Diagnosed Between
1976 and 2005: Evidence for Survival Gains in Recent Years. Full Open Access text. Dec 2009.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center: Cancer-related Fatigue video
- Measurement of spleen volume by ultrasound scanning in patients with
thrombocytosis: a prospective study
- Mechanisms of constitutive activation of Janus kinase 2-V617F revealed at the atomic level through molecular dynamics simulations. Full text, July 2010.
- Medicine.net: Muscle cramps
- Metabolism, Excretion and Pharmacokinetics of 14C-INCB018424, a Selective JAK1/2 Inhibitor, in Humans. Full text, August 2010.
- Methuselah conundrum: MPDs in the elderly. 2007.
- Methylation of the suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 gene (SOCS3) in
- Micromegakaryocytes in peripheral blood in idiopathic myelofibrosis. 2007.
- Mini-dose of thalidomide for treatment of primary myelofibrosis. Report of a case
with complete reversal of bone marrow fibrosis and splenomegaly. 2007.
- Minimal Activity of the JAK2 Inhibitor CEP 701 in Myelofibrosis. Full text, April 2010.
- Minimal molecular response in polycythemia vera patients treated with imatinib or
interferon alpha. Full text, 2006.
- Molecular & Cellular Basis of Myeloproliferative Disorders. Full text, Sep 2010.
- Molecular and clinical features of refractory anemia with ringed sideroblasts
associated with marked thrombocytosis
- Molecular basis of myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms. Full text, 2009.
- Molecular basis of myeloproliferative neoplasms. Slide show. 2010.
- Molecular basis of the diagnosis and treatment of polycythemia vera and
essential thrombocythemia. 2006.
- Molecular mechanisms associated with leukaemic transformation of MPL-mutant myeloproliferative neoplasms. Full text, Sep 2010.
- Molecular pathophysiology of Philadelphia-negative myeloproliferative disorders
: beyond JAK2 and MPL mutations
- Morphological evaluation of monocytes and monocyte precursors in bone marrow
trephine biopsies - need for establishing diagnostic criteria
- MPDs: it's all in the family. 2008.
- MPL mutations in myeloproliferative disorders: analysis of the PT-1 cohort. 2008.
- MPLSer505Asn induced hereditary thrombocytosis is associated with a
high thrombotic risk, splenomegaly and progression to bone marrow fibrosis
- MTHFR gene mutation in myeloproliferative neoplasms – is there any contribution to the thrombogenic risk. Oct 2010.
- Mutation in TET2 in Myeloid Cancers
- Mutation of JAK2 in the myeloproliferative disorders: timing, clonality studies,
cytogenetic associations, and role in leukemic transformation. Full text. 2006.
- Myelodysplasia and Myeloproliferative Disorders in Children. 2004.
- Myelodysplastic syndromes with bone marrow fibrosis. Full text, Feb 2011.
- Myelofibrosis and Megakaryocyte Clustering. 2006.
- Myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia following essential thrombocythaemia:
actuarial probability, presenting characteristics and evolution in a series of 195 patients.
Full text, 2002.
- Myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia: targeted therapy. 2007.
- Myelofibrosis-Associated Lymphoproliferative Disease: Retrospective Study of 16 Cases and Literature Review,
Full text, Oct 2009.
- Myelofibrosis: Thalidomide Finds a New Disease. 2004.
- Myelofibrotic transformation in essential thrombocythemia
- Myeloid Neoplasms slides by Dr Tefferi.
- Myeloproliferative Disease in Pregnancy and Other Management Issues. 2006.
- Myeloproliferative disease in the pathogenesis and survival of Budd-Chiari syndrome. 2006.
- Myeloproliferative Disorder?associated Massive Splenomegaly. Full text, April 2008
- Myeloproliferative disorders: David P. Steensma and Robert E. Richard. 56 page book chapter.
- Myeloproliferative disorders: Ross L. Levine and D. Gary Gilliland
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms, Atlas Image set. Full text, Nov 2009.
- Myeloproliferative Neoplasms: Genetic Trailblazers. March 2010.
- Myeloproliferative Neoplasms: Laboratory Support of Diagnosis and Management.
- Myeloproliferative Neoplasms: WHO 2008 classification. Slide view with photos.
- National Cancer Institute: Fatigue, Health Professional Version
- National Cancer Institute: Fatigue, Patient Version
- Natural History of Erythromelalgia: Presentation and Outcome in 168 patients
- Navigating the Evolving Paradigms in the Diagnosis and Treatment of
Myeloproliferative Disorders: Ruben A Mesa. 2007.
- Neoplastic blood cells become pluripotent. Full text, 2009.
- Neoplastic Disorders of the Spleen. 37 page slide show. 2007.
- New Advances in the Pathogenesis and Therapy of Essential Thrombocythemia. 2008.
- New hope in the horizon: cancer stems cells. March 2010.
- New prognostic scoring system for primary myelofibrosis based on a
study of the International Working Group for Myelofibrosis Research and
- No association between myeloproliferative neoplasms and the Crohn?s disease-associated STAT3 predisposition
SNP rs744166. Full text, Feb 2010.
- Novel Agents for Intractable Itch
- Novel CML Drug Active After Failures of Imatinib, Dasatinib, and Nilotinib. OncologyStat, Jan 2011.
- Novel mutations in the inhibitory adaptor protein LNK drive JAK-STAT signaling in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms. Full text, August 2010.
- Novel therapies for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Oct 2010.
- Obesity and the Risk for a Hematological Malignancy: Leukemia, Lymphoma, or Myeloma. Full text, Oct 2010. (includes MPDs)
- Observation versus antiplatelet therapy as primary prophylaxis for thrombosis in low-risk essential thrombocythemia. Full text, August 2010.
- On the Molecular Origins of the Chronic Myeloproliferative Disorders: It All Makes Sense
- Oncogenic JAK1 and JAK2-activating mutations resistant to ATP-competitive inhibitors.
- Oncogenic Signals as Treatment Targets in Classic Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Ongoing Study of First-Ever Drug Therapy for Myelofibrosis. Full text, Dec 2009.
- Oral Complications of Cancer Chemotherapy
- Outcome of 122 pregnancies in essential thrombocythemia patients:
A report from the Italian registry.
- Outcomes After Allogeneic Hematopoietic-Cell Transplant Dramatically Better. Full text, Dec 2010.
- p53 Lesions in Leukemic Transformation. Full text, Feb 2011.
- Pain Awareness Site
- Pathogenesis and management of essential thrombocythemia. Full text, Philip Beer, Anthony Green, Cambridge 2009.
- Pathogenesis of Myelofibrosis With Myeloid Metaplasia. 2005.
- Pathology of Autoimmune Myelofibrosis. Full text, 2001.
- Pathophysiology of thrombosis in myeloproliferative neoplasms. Full text, 2011.
- Patients on Antiplatelet Therapy Should Anticipate Frequent Minor Hemorrhage. Full text, Dec 2010.
- Pediatric patients with essential thrombocythemia are mostly polyclonal and V617FJAK2 negative
- Peg IFN Study Summary
- Pegasys videos.
- Pegylated Interferon Alfa-2a Yields High Rates of Hematologic and Molecular Response
in Patients With Advanced Essential Thrombocythemia and Polycythemia Vera
- Pegylated interferon for the treatment of high risk essential thrombocythemia: results
of a phase II study. Full text, 2005.
- Peritonitis in myelofibrosis: a cautionary tale. Full text, Dec 2010.
- Perspectives in MPDs: Team Insights with the Patient in Mind. 2009.
- Perspectives on thrombosis in essential thrombocythemia and
polycythemia vera: is leukocytosis a causative factor?
- Phase 2 study of CEP-701, an orally available JAK2 inhibitor, in patients with primary or post-polycythemia vera/essential
thrombocythemia myelofibrosis. Full text, Feb 2010.
- Phase I Trial Indicates Ponatinib May Thwart Most Resistant CML. News from ASH 2010.
- Philadelphia Chromosome?Negative Myeloproliferative Disorders: An Historical Perspective. 2008.
- Physical performance, depression, immune status and fatigue in patients with
hematological malignancies after treatment. Annals of Oncolgy, 2004. Full text.
- Physiological Jak2V617F Expression Causes a Lethal Myeloproliferative Neoplasm with Differential Effects on Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells. June 2010.
- Pivotal contributions of megakaryocytes to the biology of idiopathic myelofibrosis. 2007.
- Platelets and Thrombosis in Myeloproliferative Diseases. Full text, 2005.
- Plenary session 4: Cell signaling targets: Development of JAK inhibitors for the treatment of human neoplasm. April 2010.
- Plenary session 9: Tyrosine kinase drug targets. Full text, April 2010.
- Polycythaemia vera (PV): Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Polycythemia Vera and Cerebrovascular Events: A powerpoint presentation. 2010.
- Polycythemia Vera and Essential Thrombocythemia in a General Population. 2003.
- Polycythemia Vera and JAK2 Testing Information: Pennsylvania Dept of Health (re the PV cluster in Schuylkill, Carbon and Luzerne counties). 2010.
- Polycythemia vera erythroblasts: too tough to die. 2006.
- Polycythemia Vera: The Natural History of 1213 Patients Followed for 20 Years. 1995.
- Population-Based Incidence and Survival Figures in Essential Thrombocythemia and
Agnogenic Myeloid Metaplasia: An Olmsted County Study, 1976?1995. 1999.
- Postpolycythaemic myelofibrosis: frequency and risk factors for this
complication in 116 patients.
- Postsurgery outcomes in patients with polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia: a retrospective survey
- Practice guidelines for the therapy of essential thrombocythemia. A statement from the
Italian Society of Hematology, the Italian Society of Experimental Hematology and the Italian Group. 2004.
- Practice patterns for evaluation, consent, and care of related donors and recipients at hematopoietic cell transplantation centers in the United States. June 2010.
- Preclinical drug profiles: AC013310, A potent JAK2/TYK2 inhibitor, provides protection in multiple myeloproliferative disease models. April 2010.
- Predictive Factors for Outcome And Response in Patients Treated With Second Generation Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia in Chronic Phase Post Imatinib Failure. Nov 2010.
- Prefibrotic myelofibrosis: is this diagnosis valid?
- Presenting results with confidence, Full text, 2009.
- Prevalence of JAK2 V617F mutation in Indian patients with chronic myeloproliferative disorders. Full text, Oct 2010.
- Prevention of thrombosis in polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia
- Primary autoimmune myelofibrosis in a 36-year-old patient presenting with isolated extreme anemia. Full text, Jan 2010.
- Problems in Bone Marrow Pathology. 2000.
- Profiling gene expression in thrombocytes: novel insights into essential thrombocythemia. E-Letter, April 15th 2010.
- Progenitors homozygous for the V617F mutation occur in most patients with polycythemia vera,
but not essential thrombocythemia. 2006.
- Prognostic implications of the European consensus for grading of bone marrow fibrosis in chronic
idiopathic myelofibrosis. 2008.
- Prognostic relevance of anemia and transfusion dependency in myelodysplastic syndromes and primary myelofibrosis. Full text, Jan 2011.
- Proposals and rationale for revision of the World Health Organization
diagnostic criteria for polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia,
and primary myelofibrosis: Recommendationsfrom an ad hoc international
- Psychological flexibility in adults with chronic pain: A study of acceptance, mindfulness, and values-based action in primary care. Full text, Jan 2010.
- Public summary of opinion on orphan designation: Givinostat for the treatment of polycythaemia vera. 2010.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension and Chronic Myeloproliferative Disorders. 2006.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Associated with Myeloproliferative Disorders: A Retrospective Study of Ten Cases. 2007.
- Quantitative Evaluation of Bone Marrow Angiogenesis in Idiopathic Myelofibrosis. 2006.
- Radionuclide (isotope) scan
- Rapid decline of JAK2V617F levels during hydroxyurea treatment in patients with
polycythemia vera and essential thrombocythemia. 2008.
- Rapid identification of JAK2 exon 12 mutations using high resolution melting analysis. 2008.
- Rare thromboses of cerebral, splanchnic and upper-extremity veins. A narrative review. Full text, June 2010.
- Recent Advances in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypereosinophilic Syndromes
- Recurrent thrombosis in patients with polycythemia vera and essential
thrombocythemia: incidence, risk factors, and effect of treatments
- Red blood cell transfusion-dependency implies a poor survival in primary myelofibrosis irrespective of International Prognostic Scoring System and Dynamic International Prognostic Scoring System. Full text, Oct 2010.
- Reduced Mortality after Allogeneic Hematopoietic-Cell Transplantation. Full text, Dec 2010.
- Reduced Nausea and Vomiting after Bone Marrow Transplantation with Aprepitant: Oncology Times, Mar 2010.
- Relation between JAK2 (V617F) mutation status, granulocyte activation, and
constitutive mobilization of CD34+ cells into peripheral blood in myeloproliferative
disorders. Full text, 2006.
- Relevance of bone marrow features in the differential diagnosis between essential thrombocythemia and early
stage idiopathic myelfibrosis. 2000.
- Relevance of JAK2V617F positivity to hematological diseases - survey of samples from a clinical genetics laboratory. Jan 2011.
- Response criteria for essential thrombocythemia and polycythemia vera:
result of a European LeukemiaNet consensus conference. May 2009
- Rethinking Disease Definitions and Therapeutic Strategies in Essential Thrombocythemia and Polycythemia Vera. Full text, 2010.
- Risk assessment in myelodysplastic syndromes and myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms. March 2011.
- Role of JAK-STAT Signaling in the Pathogenesis of Myeloproliferative Disorders. 2006.
- Role of JAK2 in the Pathogenesis and Therapy of Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Safety and Efficacy of INCB018424, a JAK1 and JAK2 Inhibitor, in Myelofibrosis. Sep 2010.
- Salient features of hematological diseases. Annals of Oncology. 2007. Full text pdf.
- Selective Inhibition of JAK2-Driven Erythroid Differentiation of
Polycythemia Vera Progenitors
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are effective in the treatment of polycythemia vera-associated pruritus. 2002.
- Serum erythropoietin concentration as a diagnostic tool for polycythemia vera. 2004.
- Sex differences in the JAK2V617F allele burden in the chronic myeloproliferative disorders. Full text, Feb 2010.
- Significant increase in the apparent incidence of essential
thrombocythemia related to new WHO diagnostic criteria: a
population-based study. April 2009
- Skin Malignancies Associated with Hydroxyurea Use in Myeloproliferative Disorders and Sickle Cell Patients: Incidence and Significance. Full text, 2009.
- Somatic mutations of JAK2 exon 12 in patients with JAK2 (V617F)-negative myeloproliferative
- Speak Up: 8 Words & Phrases to Ban in Oncology!! Oncology Times, June 2010.
- Special Issues in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Full text, Dec 2010.
- Splanchnic vein thrombosis, the onset manifestation in JAK positive Chronic Myeloproliferative Disorders Neoplasms. April 2011.
- Splenectomy and Risk of Blast Transformation in Myelofibrosis With
- Splenectomy and Risk of Blast Transformation in Myelofibrosis With Myeloid Metaplasia. Full text, Nov 2010
- Splenectomy in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia: a single-institution experience with 223 patients. Full text, 2001.
- Splenectomy Normalizes Hematocrit in Murine Polycythemia Vera. Full text, 2009.
- Spontaneous intraabdominal hematomas associated with arterial aneurysms in polycythemia vera. Full text, Nov 2010.
- St Vincent’s 7th Annual Indy Haematology Review: Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, 14 page slide show. March 2010.
- STATistical Power of Clonal Analysis: Differential STAT1 Pathway Activation Downstream of the JAK2V617F Mutation.
- Stem Cell Transplant for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia in the Imatinib Era. Full text, Oct 2010. (free registration needed)
- Stem-Cell Transplant for Polycythemia Vera
- Structural effects of clinically observed mutations in JAK2 exons 13-15: comparison with V617F and exon 12 mutations
- Subclinical hypercortisolism among polycythemia vera patients. Full text, July 2010.
- Successful engraftment after reduced-intensity umbilical cord blood transplantation for myelofibrosis. Full text, April 2010.
- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome in a Patient with Polycythemia Vera: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Survival Data for Patients Younger Than 60 With Primary Myleofibrosis–Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Tefferi video. 2010.
- Survivor Interview Karen T. Myelofibrosis and transplant survivor.
- Sustained expression of microRNA-155 in hematopoietic stem cells causes a
myeloproliferative disorder. 2008.
- TET2 gene is not deleted in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia: a FISH retrospective study. Full text, Oct 2010.
- TET2 gene mutation is a frequent and adverse event in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. Full text, Oct 2010.
- Thalidomide and lenalidomide in primary myelofibrosis. Full text, August 2010.
- Thalidomide and lenalidomide in primary myelofibrosis. Full text, Mar 2011.
- Thalidomide therapy in compensated and decompensated myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia. 2001.
- Thalidomide versus placebo in myeloid metaplasia with myelofibrosis: a prospective, randomized,
double-blind, multicenter study. 2006.
- The 2008 revision of the World Health Organization (WHO) classification of
myeloid neoplasms and acute leukemia: rationale and important changes. July 2009
- The ABCCs of myelofibrosis. 2006.
- The allele burden of JAK2 mutations remains stable over several years in
patients with myeloproliferative disorders. 2008.
- The American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- The amount of JAK2 617V>F matters
- The Budd?Chiari Syndrome and V617F Mutation in JAK2
- The Burden of Fatigue and Quality of Life in Myeloproliferative Disorders (MPDs)
An International Internet-Based Survey of 1179 MPD Patients
- The contribution of...... Commentary: The tale of two coxes.
- The Diagnosis and Management of Polycythemia Vera, Essential Thrombocythemia,
and Primary Myelofibrosis in the JAK2 V617F Era
- The effect of interferon on the metabolism of LDLs. 1992.
- The Effectiveness of an Online Mind-Body Intervention for Older
Adults With Chronic Pain
- The Erythromelalgia Association
- The Forgotten Myeloproliferative Disorder: Myeloid Metaplasia
- The frequency of JAK2 exon 12 mutations in idiopathic erythrocytosis patients with low serum
erythropoietin levels. 2007.
- The Genetic Basis of Myeloproliferative Disorders. 2007.
- The hematopoietic stem cell compartment of JAK2V617F-positive myeloproliferative disorders
is a reflection of disease heterogeneity. 2008.
- The incidence of the JAK2 V617F mutation in patients with idiopathic erythrocytosis. 2006.
- The Indolent Natural History of Essential Thrombocythemia: A Challenge to New
Drug Development. 2005.
- The JAK2 46/1 haplotype confers susceptibility to essential thrombocythemia
regardless of JAK2V617F mutational status-clinical correlates in a study of 226
consecutive patients. Abstract, Oct 2009.
- The JAK2 617V>F mutation triggers erythropoietin hypersensitivity and terminal
erythroid amplification in primary cells from patients with polycythemia vera. 2007.
- The JAK2 V617F mutation occurs in hematopoietic stem cells in polycythemia vera and predisposes
toward erythroid . 2006.
- The JAK2 V617F somatic mutation, mortality and cancer risk in the general population. Full text, Dec 2010.
- The JAK2V617 mutation induces constitutive activation and agonist
hypersensitivity in basophils of polycythemia vera. Sep 2009
- The JAK2V617F Mutation in Polycythemia Vera and Other Myeloproliferative Disorders:
One Mutation for Three Diseases?
- The JAK2V617F tyrosine kinase mutation in blood donors with upper-limit
- The JAK2V617F Tyrosine Kinase Mutation in Myeloproliferative Disorders: Status Report and Immediate
Implications for Disease Classification and Diagnosis. 2005.
- The leukemic stem cell niche: current concepts and therapeutic opportunities: AML Aug 2009
- The Long-term Outlook for Essential Thrombocythemia. 2006.
- The Management and Outcome of 18 pregnancies in women with Polycythemia Vera
- The management of cancer pain in the elderly. Full text pdf, 2009.
- The Measurement of Fatigue in Chronic Illness: A Systematic Review of
Unidimensional and Multidimensional Fatigue Measures
- The Median Isn't the Message by Stephen Jay Gould
- The Myeloproliferative Disorders Research Consortium
- The natural history and treatment outcome of blast phase BCR-ABL? myeloproliferative
- The Next Big Rare Disease Drug? (Incyte), Sep 2010.
- The Ph-positive and Ph-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms - some topical preclinical and clinical issues. Full text, Jan 2011.
- The Physician's Guide to Laboratory Test Selection and Interpretation. Myeloproliferative Neoplasms.
- The revised WHO diagnostic criteria for Ph-negative myeloproliferative diseases
are not appropriate for the diagnostic screening of childhood polycythemia vera
and essential thrombocythemia
- The revised World Health Organization diagnostic criteria for polycythemia vera, essential thrombocytosis and primary myelofibrosis: an alternative proposal: Jerry L. Spivak and Richard T. Silver
- The Role of Point-of-Care Testing in the Early Diagnosis of Pseudo-Hypoxemia in Myeloproliferative Disorders. Full text, June 2010.
- The role of the JAK2 GGCC haplotype and the TET2 gene in familial myeloproliferative neoplasms. Full text, Dec 2010.
- The Significance of Bone Marrow Biopsy and JAK2V617F Mutation in the Differential Diagnosis
Between the "Early" Prepolycythemic Phase of Polycythemia Vera and Essential
- The Spleen in Myelofibrosis With Myeloid Metaplasia. 2004.
- The stilbenoid tyrosine kinase inhibitor, G6, suppresses Jak2-V617F mediated human pathological cell growth in vitro and in vivo. Full text, Dec 2010.
- The Thomas Jefferson University Headache Center website
- The V617F mutation of JAK2 is very uncommon in patients with thrombosis. 2007.
- Therapeutic potential of JAK2 inhibitors. Full text, Srdan Verstovsek, 2009.
- Third Age: Primary polycythemia.
- Third-Generation Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors and Beyond. Full text, Nov 2010.
- Thrombocytosis and Thrombosis
- Thrombocytosis. Full text, 2009.
- Thrombopoietin Receptor Activation, Thrombopoietin Mimetic Drugs, and Hereditary Thrombocytosis: Remarks on Bone Marrow Fibrosis. August 2010.
- Thrombosis in myelofibrosis: prior thrombosis is the only predictive factor and most venous events are provoked. Full text, Oct 2010
- Thrombosis in primary myelofibrosis: incidence and risk factors. Full text, 2010
- Thrombosis Risk Rises in Women With Myeloproliferative Disorders. Full text, Dec 2010.
- TPO-mimetics and myelofibrosis? A reticulin question!
- Transcription factor mutations in myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms. Full text, April 2010.
- Transformation of Polycythemia Vera to Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. 2007.
- Treating depression in older cancer patients
- Treatment of Chronic Pruritus with the Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors Paroxetine and Fluvoxamine: Results of an Open-labelled, Two-arm Proof-of-concept Study.
- Treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasms except for chronic leukemia
- Treatment of Polycythemia Vera: A Clinical Oncology Perspective
- Treatment of Polycythemia Vera: The Use of Hydroxyurea and Pipobroman in 292
Patients Under the Age of 65 Years
- Treatment Options for Essential Thrombocythemia and Polycythemia Vera
- Twenty-five years of epidemiological recording on myeloid malignancies: data from the specialized registry of hematological malignancies of Côte d’Or (Burgundy, France). Full text, Oct 2010.
- Type 1 Diabetes Caused by Interferon α-2α in Polycythemia Vera Therapy. Full text, Nov 2010.
- Types of Stem Cell Transplantation
- Tyrosine Kinase Mutations in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Full text, 2010.
- Understanding and Evaluating Platelet Function. Full text, 2010.
- Understanding Interferon: Centre for Immune Research.
- Understanding Of Blood Cell Development Challenged By Discovery That Platelets Can Reproduce In Circulation. Jan 2010.
- Understanding the interplay between JAK2 and SOCS3 in myeloproliferative disease. Research project 2010, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research.
- University of Toronto, Canada, Division of Hematology: Treatment policies. Essential Thrombocythemia.
- University of Toronto, Canada, Division of Hematology: Treatment policies. Myelofibrosis.
- University of Toronto, Canada, Division of Hematology: Treatment policies. Polycythemia Vera.
- Untangling the Web — Patients, Doctors, and the Internet. March 2010.
- V617F "JAKs" up myeloproliferative signal. 2005.
- V617F mutation in JAK2 is associated with poorer survival in idiopathic myelofibrosis. 2006.
- Value of bone marrow biopsy in the diagnosis of essential thrombocythemia. 2004.
- Vascular and Neoplastic Risk in a Large Cohort of Patients with
- Vascular complications after splenectomy for hematologic disorders
- Vascular Medicine: JAK2. April 2010.
- Vitamin D for Cancer Prevention: Global Perspective
- What can be found in a Peripheral Blood Film: A very useful PatientPlus Article.
- What is a gene mutation and how do mutations occur?
- When and How to Treat Essential Thrombocythemia. Full text, 2005.
- WHO 2008 Classification of Myeloid Neoplasms – What is new and why?
- WP1066, a Novel JAK2 Inhibitor, Suppresses Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis in Erythroid
Human Cells Carrying the JAK2 V617F Mutation. 2008.
- ZFP36L1 Negatively Regulates Erythroid Differentiation of CD34+ Hematopoietic Stem Cells by Interfering with Stat5b Pathway. Full text, August 2010.